Dallas Cowboys: 3 undrafted free agents to keep an eye on
By Tyrone Starr
Kameron Kelly – CB, San Diego State
Some scouts were listing Kelly as high as a fifth round selection. In my opinion, there are two possible explanations for why he did not get chosen at all.
More from The Landry Hat
- 3 ways Cowboys’ Dak Prescott can have a bounce-back season in 2023
- Cowboys News: Dallas sets pre-draft visit with potential Dalton Schultz upgrade
- NFL executives heaping praise on offseason is uncharted territory for Cowboys
- 3 free agent signings from NFC East rivals that left Cowboys fans laughing
- Cowboys News: Brandin Cooks sends flattering message to CeeDee Lamb, Stephon Gilmore
One reason may be that teams are not sure where his fit would be within their scheme. At San Diego State, he made the switch from safety to cornerback as a senior. While he did a decent job, his best position in the NFL would be safety.
The other reason is likely his 4.66-forty yard dash time. Teams covet speed and Kelly did not wow anyone running the fourth slowest time for a defensive back.
Kelly is what some refer to as to football fast. He doesn’t have overt top-end speed but he always seems to be near the ball.
His college career total of nine interceptions, eight tackles for loss and two sacks back that up. One thing the Dallas Cowboys desperately need is a playmaker in the defensive backfield.