The Dallas Cowboys will look to bounce back from their Week 16 loss to the Dolphins when they head home in Week 17 to take on a fellow NFC playoff team, the Detroit Lions.
The Lions have clinched the NFC North already, but are still battling to get as high of a seed as possible with the No. 1 spot in the conference still up for grabs.
In this article, I'm going to break down everything you need to know to bet on this game, including my best bet for this Saturday night showdown.
Check out this week's edition of the "Road to 272 Bets" for my best bet for all 16 games.
If you want to bet on the Cowboys this week, you should do so at DraftKings Sportsbook. For a limited time, new users will instantly receive $150 in bonus bets when they place their first $5 wager if they use the link below to sign up for an account.
Lions vs. Cowboys odds, spread, and total
Lions vs. Cowboys betting trends
- Lions are 12-5 ATS in their last 17 games
- The OVER is 6-1 in the Lions' last seven games
- Cowboys are 4-2 ATS in their last six games vs. Lions
- Lions are 8-2 ATS in their last 10 games played in December
- The OVER is 8-2 in the last 10 meetings between these two teams
- Cowboys have won 15 straight home games
- Cowboys are 5-1 ATS in their last six games vs. NFC North opponents
Lions vs. Cowboys injury reports
Detroit Lions injury report
- C.J. Gardner-Johnson - CB - IR-R
- Brock Wright - TE - Questionable
- Taylor Decker - OT - Questionable
Dallas Cowboys injury report
- Hunter Luepke - RB - Questionable
- Malik Hooker - S - Questionable
- Jonathan Hankins - DT - Questionable
- Rico Dowdle - RB - Questionable
- Tyron Smith - OT - Questionable
Lions vs. Cowboys how to watch
- Date: Saturday, Dec. 30
- Game Time: 8:15 p.m. EST
- Venue: AT&T Stadium
- How to Watch (TV): ABC/ESPN/ESPN+
- Detroit Lions Record: 11-4
- Dallas Cowboys Record: 10-5
Lions vs. Cowboys key players to watch
David Montgomery: The Dallas Cowboys have had issues stopping the run this season, which means the key to victory for the Lions is to get David Montgomery going early and often. He's averaging 4.7 yards per carry this season and has been a bruising back for opponents to face.
CeeDee Lamb: While the weakness for the Cowboys is stopping the run, the weakness for the Lions is stopping the pass, meaning CeeDee Lamb is going to play a big role in attacking this Lions secondary and getting points on the board for the Cowboys. He's thrived this year when the Cowboys treat him as a true No. 1 receiver, getting him the ball as often as they can.
Lions vs. Cowboys prediction and pick
Both these teams are all offense which should result in a high-scoring affair.
Even the Cowboys, who had a dominant defense to start the season, have stumbled on that side of the football as the season has progressed. Heading into this week, they're 23rd in opponent success rate and rank around the middle of the pack in most other defensive metrics. They have given up 5.8 yards per snap over their last three games.
As we know by now, the Lions secondary is extremely susceptible, giving up 7.0 yards per pass attempt. That's bad news for Detroit who now has to face one of the most prolific passing attacks in the NFL in the Cowboys.
Meanwhile, both offenses in this one are some of the best in the league. They rank inside the top eight in EPA per play, success rate, yards per play, and points per play.
Let's sit back and root for points on Saturday night.
Odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.
You can check out all of Iain's bets here!