Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Brandin Cooks is not expected to play in Week 2 against the New York Jets, according to NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport.
Cooks is dealing with an MCL sprain, but the team doesn’t view it as a long-term injury. Still, he won’t end up playing in Week 2.
Brandin Cooks injury status for Week 2 game against New York Jets
Cooks is listed as questionable for Week 2, but he’ll likely be downgraded at some point on Sunday.
Best Dallas Cowboys prop bet for Week 2 with Brandin Cooks out
Michael Gallup OVER 34.5 receiving yards
There are a few reasons why I like taking a shot on Michael Gallup in Week 2 even though he made just one catch in Week 1.
First off, Dallas won 40-0 in Week 1 – needing very little from the passing game to get that done. The Jets have a solid defense, so Dallas may need to work a little harder to score in Week 2.
Not only that, but Gallup could get the more favorable matchup to CeeDee Lamb in coverage if Sauce Gardner mainly matches up with Lamb. DJ Reed is still an elite corner for New York, but Dak Prescott may not want to go Sauce’s way if he doesn’t have to.
Gallup is a big-play threat, so there’s a chance he clears this prop with one or two catches.
No matter how you wager on the game – or the prop market – between the Cowboys and Jets, FanDuel Sportsbook has a great offer for new users.
All you need to do is sign up with the link below, deposit and wager $5 to receive $200 in bonus bets and $100 off NFL Sunday Ticket!
Brandin Cooks injury history
Cooks has dealt with a bunch of injuries in his NFL career, but he’s only had two seasons where he’s played in less than 14 games.
Here’s a look at his full injury history:
- Nov. 2014: Hand Metacarpal Fracture – missed rest of the season
- Dec. 2015: Concussion – did not miss a game
- Feb. 2018: Concussion – did not return in the Super Bowl
- Oct. 2019: Concussion – missed two games
- Sept. 2020: Leg Quad Strain – did not miss time
- Dec. 2022: Leg Calf Pull – missed end of season with Houston
When is Brandin Cooks coming back?
Brandin Cooks will not play in Week 2, so his next chance to return for Dallas will come in Week 3 against the Arizona Cardinals.
Dallas Cowboys next 5 opponents
- Arizona Cardinals, Sunday, Sept. 24
- New England Patriots, Sunday Oct. 1
- San Francisco 49ers, Sunday, Oct. 8
- Los Angeles Chargers, Monday, Oct. 16
- Los Angeles Rams, Sunday, Oct. 29
Dallas Cowboys injury report
- Brandin Cooks – questionable, knee
- Zack Martin – questionable, groin
- Tyler Smith – doubtful, hamstring
- Donovan Wilson – doubtful, calf
New York Jets injury report
- Mekhi Becton – questionable, knee
- Breece Hall – questionable, knee
- Greg Zuerlein – out, groin
- Duane Brown – questionable, shoulder
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.