The Philadelphia Eagles have imploded in the final stretch of the season and all of a sudden the Dallas Cowboys can clinch the NFC East and the No. 2 seed in the conference with a Week 18 win against the lowly Washington Commanders.
Can they take the final step and beat up on the Commanders for the second time this season? That's exactly what I'm going to answer in this article as I break down the betting odds, my best bet, and much more.
If you want to get my best bet for all 16 NFL Week 18 games, check out this week's edition of the "Road to 272 Bets".
If you want to bet on the Cowboys this week, as well as throughout the playoffs, be sure to sign up for an account at Caesars Sportsbook. If you do, Caesars will cover your first bet up to $1,000!
Cowboys vs. Commanders odds, spread, and total
Cowboys vs. Commanders betting trends
- Cowboys are 1-4 ATS in their last five games
- The UNDER is 4-1 in the Cowboys' last five games
- Cowboys are 4-1 straight up and ATS in their last five games vs. Commanders
- The UNDER is 9-3 in the Cowboys' last 12 road games
- Cowboys are 4-1 ATS in their last five games vs. NFC East opponents
- Commanders are 1-5 ATS in their last six games
- The OVER is 11-5 in the last 16 meetings between these two teams
Cowboys vs. Commanders injury reports
Dallas Cowboys injury report
- Malik Hooker - S - Questionable
- Rico Dowdle - RB - Questionable
- Juanyeh Thomas - S - Questionable
- Dorance Armstrong - DE - Questionable
- Deuce Vaughn - RB - IR
Washington Commanders injury report
- Curtis Samuel - WR - Questionable
- John Ridgeway - DT - Questionable
- Jartavius Martin - S - Questionable
- Jonathan Allen - DT - Questionable
- Jacoby Brissett - QB - Questionable
Cowboys vs. Commanders how to watch
- Date: Sunday, January 7
- Game Time: 4:25 pm et
- Venue: FedEx Field
- How to Watch (TV): FOX
- Dallas Cowboys Record: 11-5
- Washington Commanders Record: 4-12
Cowboys vs. Commanders key players to watch
Tony Pollard: One thing missing from the Cowboys' offense is a dangerous running game. if they want to make a legitimate run at the Super Bowl, Tony Pollard has to starting playing better. He's averaging 4.0 yards per carry, which is fine, but it's not something that's going to strike fear into their opponents. We'll see if he can start to get something going this week.
Terry McLaurin: He's leading the Commanders in receiving yards and receptions, but Terry McLaurin is still 54 yards short from reaching 1,000 yards on the season. Him getting 1,000 yards is going to be one of the few things Commanders fans can cheer for in this game.
Cowboys vs. Commanders prediction and pick
The Washington Commanders are horrific and I won't hesitate to bet on the Cowboys to cover a near two touchdown spread against them, especially with the NFC East on the line for Dallas.
Despite some recent hiccups, the Cowboys are still an elite team, ranking fifth in the league in Net Yards per Play at +0.5 while the Commanders are 29th at -0.8. The Cowboys beat up on them in a 45-10 win earlier this season but it wasn't just the scoreboard that was one-sided, the Cowboys also outgained them 8.6 yards per play to 5.0.
The Commanders' secondary is 31st in opponent dropback EPA and the Cowboys are just too talented through the air for Washington to hang with them.
I'll lay the points on the Cowboys as massive favorites.
Odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.
You can check out all of Iain's bets here!