The Dallas Cowboys have been arguably the most dominant team in the NFL through the first two weeks, winning by a combined score of 70-10.
The hype train will get rolling once more in Week 3 when they take on one of the worst teams in the NFL in the Arizona Cardinals.
I'm going to break down my best bet for the game, along with odds and trends, in this article but if you want my pick for the other 15 Week 3 games, check out the latest edition of the "Road to 272 Bets".
If you want to get in on the action this weekend, I'd recommend signing up for an account at DraftKings Sportsbook. For a limited time, new users will be given $200 in bonus bets AND $150 in no sweat bet when they place their first $5 wager. Just click the link below to take advantage of this offer.
Cowboys vs. Cardinals odds, spread, and total
Cowboys vs. Cardinals betting trends
- Cowboys are 5-2 ATS in their last seven games
- The UNDER is 5-1 in the Cowboys' last six games
- Cardinals are 6-1 ATS in their last seven games against the Cowboys
- The UNDER is 5-0 in the Cowboys' last five road games
- Cowboys are 3-10 ATS in their last 13 games against NFC West opponents
- Cardinals are 4-1 ATS in their last five games
- Cardinals are 9-0 ATS in their last nine games against NFC East opponents
Cowboys vs. Cardinals injury reports
Dallas Cowboys injury report
- Donovan Wilson - S - Questionable
- Tyler Smith - OT - Questionable
- Brandin Cooks - WR - Questionable
- Chuma Edoga - G - Questionable
Arizona Cardinals injury report
- Josh Woods - LB - Questionable
- Leki Fotu - DT - Questionable
- Budda Baker - S - Injured Reserve
- Carlos Watkins - DT - Questionable
Cowboys vs. Cardinals key players to watch
Tony Pollard: As good as the Cowboys have been, their running game could use some improvement. Tony Pollard was given the reins as the No. 1 running back in Dallas this season, but yet has yet to deliver. He has two touchdowns, but he has averaged just 3.6 yards per carry. Keep an eye on him improving Week 3.
Zach Ertz: The Cardinals have found success targeting their tight ends this season, especially Zach Ertz, who has hauled in 12 receptions off 18 targets for 77 yards. He has yet to find the end zone, but I expect that to change sooner rather than later.
Cowboys vs. Cardinals prediction and pick
The Cowboys have a relatively easy start to their schedule, and should have no problem beating the Cardinals in Week 3. With that being said, they're 12-point favorites so covering the spread is a whole other question.
The Dallas pass rush has been on a historic pace through its first two weeks. The Cowboys have recorded a sack on 14.93% of their opponents drop backs and they should build on that this week.
The Cardinals have shown flashes of competence through their first two weeks, despite being 0-2. But, this is a whole new level of test for them. The Cowboys are too talented for the Cardinals to hang with, and they're going to beat up on an inferior opponent.
I'll back the Cowboys to win and cover the 12-point spread.
Odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.
You can check out all of Iain's bets here!