Cowboys vs. Buccaneers best bet for NFL wild card round (Dallas will get job done)
No matter how the regular season ended for the Dallas Cowboys, that is now behind them and they must now prepare for a playoff game in Tampa Bay against the Buccaneers.
The Cowboys are seeking their first NFC Championship berth since 1995. Can they take the first step by betting the Buccaneers on Monday night?
Let’s dive into the odds for the game and then I’ll give you my best bet.
Cowboys vs. Buccaneers odds, spread, and total
Cowboys vs. Buccaneers betting trends
- The OVER is 5-2 in the Cowboys’ last seven games
- Cowboys are 1-4-1 ATS in their last six games
- Cowboys are 12-5 ATS in their last 17 road games
- Cowboys are 4-1 ATS in their last five games against NFC South opponents
- Buccaneers are 1-6 ATS in their last seven games
- The UNDER is 6-1 in the last seven meetings between these two teams
- Buccaneers are 1-4 ATS in their last five games played on a Monday
Cowboys vs. Buccaneers prediction and pick
I’m not going to overreact to the Cowboys stretch of poor play in the final few weeks of the regular season. In the same breath, I’m not going to let myself think that the Buccaneers are good after winning a couple of games to win the lowly NFC South.
Let’s not forget that the Buccaneers finished with a losing 8-9 record, with an average scoring margin of -2.6. If you look at the key stat called net yards per play, the Buccaneers rank 15th in the NFL at 0.0, well below the Cowboys who come in at seventh at +0.3.
Sure, the Buccaneers defense is solid, but their offense has been terrible all season. Let’s take a look at where they rank in a few key areas.
- Yards per play – 25th
- Third down conversion rate – 21st
- Red zone offense – 22nd
- Yards per carry – 32nd
- Yards per pass attempt – 30th
I don’t care that Tom Brady is their quarterback, those numbers aren’t good enough to beat the Cowboys in the playoffs. Let’s also remember that the weakness of the Cowboys defense is their ability to stop the run. They rank 17th in opponent yards per carry.
But, that shouldn’t be a concern for them this week considering they face the worst rush offense in the league.
Don’t be concerned, Cowboys fans, I have full faith in Dallas this week. I’ll lay the 2.5 points with the road team.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.