#2. Add another talented running back or two
With Ezekiel Elliott sidelined due to a six-game suspension, the Cowboys are quickly finding out what the former first rounder means to their team.
More from The Landry Hat
- 3 ways Cowboys’ Dak Prescott can have a bounce-back season in 2023
- Cowboys News: Dallas sets pre-draft visit with potential Dalton Schultz upgrade
- NFL executives heaping praise on offseason is uncharted territory for Cowboys
- 3 free agent signings from NFC East rivals that left Cowboys fans laughing
- Cowboys News: Brandin Cooks sends flattering message to CeeDee Lamb, Stephon Gilmore
With both Morris and McFadden scheduled to become undrafted free agents at season’s end, the Cowboys would be wise to move on from both veterans.
Instead, Dallas would be better served developing Rod Smith and drafting a young, talented runner to groom behind Zeke.
The fact is, Elliott is one poor decision away from a possible year-long ban from the NFL. And much like this season, are the Cowboys actually willing to sacrifice another year due to Zeke’s mistakes?
The Dallas Cowboys must find themselves some “real” Ezekiel Elliott insurance this offseason. Whether that be via the NFL draft, free agency … or both.