#2. Sean Lee is the real MVP
Although it is terrible that Sean Lee is once again being held back by injury, his importance to the team as a whole has been magnified due to his absence.
More from The Landry Hat
- 3 ways Cowboys’ Dak Prescott can have a bounce-back season in 2023
- Cowboys News: Dallas sets pre-draft visit with potential Dalton Schultz upgrade
- NFL executives heaping praise on offseason is uncharted territory for Cowboys
- 3 free agent signings from NFC East rivals that left Cowboys fans laughing
- Cowboys News: Brandin Cooks sends flattering message to CeeDee Lamb, Stephon Gilmore
Sidelined due to a hamstring injury the past two games, the Cowboys defense has looked mediocre without him.
In fact, it could be argued that Dallas might be 4-1 if Lee was on the field. In the past two weeks, the Cowboys defense has been tuned up in the running game by both the Los Angeles Rams and the Packers. Those numbers take a steep decline with Lee roaming the middle.
The fact is, it’s impossible to replace Pro Bowlers when they are out. And the team will undoubtedly suffer without them. There is no “next All-Pro up” in the NFL.
Getting Sean Lee back into the lineup is paramount to the Cowboys’ success this season. The bye week comes at the perfect time to allow him to recover and return healthy.