With the Dallas Cowboys required to cut their 90-man roster to 53 players between now and Saturday afternoon, we track the cuts live here.
This year, the NFL removed the 75-man roster cut down day that normally takes place prior to the final preseason game for their teams. That means, the Dallas Cowboys will have to release a whopping 37 players between now and Saturday afternoon in order to trim their roster from 90-men to just 53.
League-wide, this means there will be over a thousand players hitting free agency or the waiver wire in the next two days. Not only will the Cowboys, as well as every other NFL team, be making career-changing decisions about players on their own rosters, but they’ll also be looking to add new free agents who could possibly help their team this year.
With so much happening in the next couple days, news about early releases and cuts usually starts to trickle out via social media during this time. Below, we’ll do our best to track those moves for you. Please comeback to this story often as we plan on updating it throughout the cut down process.
Here’s a list of the players we know who have been released, waived or cut so far by the Dallas Cowboys:
- Leon McFadden, Cornerback (Reserve/Injured list) – Source
- Ronnie Hillman, Running Back – Source
- M.J. McFarland, Tight End – Source
- Brandon Brown-Dukes, Running Back – Source
- Joseph Jones, Linebacker – Source
- Robert Blanton – Safety – Source
- Emmett Cleary, Offensive Guard – Source
- Kellen Moore, Quarterback – Source
- Luke McCown, Quarterback – Source
- Andy Jones, Wide Receiver – Source
- Marquez White, Cornerback – Source
- Joey Ivie, Defensive Tackle – Source
- Lewis Neal, Defensive Tackle – Source
- Duke Thomas, Cornerback (Reserve/injured) – Source
- Richard Ash, Defensive Tackle – Source
- Woody Baron, Defensive Tackle – Source
- Brian Brown, Wide Receiver – Source
- Ross Burbank, Center – Source
- Dejaun Butler, Cornerback – Source
- Jordan Carrell, Defensive Tackle – Source
- Kadeem Edwards, Guard – Source
- Kennan Gilchrist, Linebacker – Source
- John Green, Cornerback – Source
- Karel Hamilton, Wide Receiver – Source
- Sam Irwin-Hill, Kicker – Source
- Blake Jarwin, Tight End – Source
- Lenny Jones, Defensive End – Source
- Lance Lenoir, Wide Receiver – Source
- Darnell Leslie, Defensive End – Source
- Lamar Louis, Linebacker – Source
- Uzoma Nwachukwu, Wide Receiver – Source
- Sammy Seamster, Cornerback – Source
- Jameill Showers, Safety – Source
- Dan Skipper, Guard – Source
- Nate Theaker, Guard – Source
- Zach Wood, Long Snapper – Source
- Clay DeBord, Tackle (Injury Settlement) – Source
The Dallas Cowboys first game of the upcoming regular season will take place on September 10th, against the New York Giants. The two NFC East rivals will matchup against each other during Sunday Night Football on NBC. The Giants were the only team last season to defeat the Cowboys in both of their contests, although those two games were decided by a total of four points.
Both the Giants and the Cowboys made the playoffs last season. And both teams were defeated in their first postseason matchups against the Green Bay Packers, New York in the Wildcard round and Dallas in the divisional round.