THE EDGE IS LOOKING SHARPER
Top Cowboys selection Taco Charlton adds an edge rusher with immediate starting talent and immense upside once Rod Marinelli works his magic.
One thing I noticed when watching game tape on rookie corner Lewis is how often Michigan made the quarterback throw under duress.
More from The Landry Hat
- 3 ways Cowboys’ Dak Prescott can have a bounce-back season in 2023
- Cowboys News: Dallas sets pre-draft visit with potential Dalton Schultz upgrade
- NFL executives heaping praise on offseason is uncharted territory for Cowboys
- 3 free agent signings from NFC East rivals that left Cowboys fans laughing
- Cowboys News: Brandin Cooks sends flattering message to CeeDee Lamb, Stephon Gilmore
More often than not it was big #33 pressing the passer into panic mode. The stat sheet says 10 sacks, but Charlton was a regular fixture in opposing backfields.
Demarcus Lawrence will go full tilt on a ‘prove it’ contract year. It’ll only be his second healthy, non-suspended season. The other was 2015 when he recorded eight sacks.
David Irving flashed signs of potential dominance last year. He should only elevate his game further following up his first season of significant playing time.
2016 draftee Charles Tapper will make his delayed rookie debut after missing his first season due to injury.
There’s little doubt Dallas will receive elevated edge pressure from these four talented rushers. The only question is how sizable the jump will be.