Safeties: Aaron Williams/Tre Boston
Both of these players could come in and add to the depth of the safety position on this roster.
Of course new defensive backs, Chidobe Awuzie and Xavier Woods will add their talents to the position but another player could not hurt.
More from The Landry Hat
- 3 ways Cowboys’ Dak Prescott can have a bounce-back season in 2023
- Cowboys News: Dallas sets pre-draft visit with potential Dalton Schultz upgrade
- NFL executives heaping praise on offseason is uncharted territory for Cowboys
- 3 free agent signings from NFC East rivals that left Cowboys fans laughing
- Cowboys News: Brandin Cooks sends flattering message to CeeDee Lamb, Stephon Gilmore
Williams had a promising start in the NFL but injuries have marred his career as of late.
A fresh start could be what is best for Williams especially if he can stay healthy.
The former Buffalo Bill could be a productive player for the Cowboys if he can get back to his original form.
Boston on the other hand was released specifically for cap purposes.
The Carolina Panthers have their big money safety and a well paid backup, Boston was the odd man out.
Now he could be a cheap and talented addition to this secondary.
He has barely missed anytime on field and could play a similar role to Brandon Carr but at the safety position.
Both players would be at least worth a look.