The NFL requires all of their teams to trim their final rosters down from 75 players to a 53-man roster by 3:00 p.m. on Saturday afternoon. But once those cuts are announced, another type of game begins. The Dallas Cowboys, and every other franchise, are frantically scouring the waiver wires right now looking for newly available talent to fill in the voids on their not-so final rosters.
More from The Landry Hat
- 3 ways Cowboys’ Dak Prescott can have a bounce-back season in 2023
- Cowboys News: Dallas sets pre-draft visit with potential Dalton Schultz upgrade
- NFL executives heaping praise on offseason is uncharted territory for Cowboys
- 3 free agent signings from NFC East rivals that left Cowboys fans laughing
- Cowboys News: Brandin Cooks sends flattering message to CeeDee Lamb, Stephon Gilmore
The Cowboys have made it clear they are looking for help at running back. But they are also willing to imporve any area of the team they can. And there are rumors are flying around the internet as to whom they may be interested in. The latest names include Cleveland Browns’ running back Terrance West, New England Patriots’ running back Jonas Gray, Seattle Seahawks’ running back Christine Michael and Denver Broncos running back Montee Ball.
Those names join a growing list of players who are or could be available very soon on the league’s waiver wire and who could have an impact on the Cowboys upcoming regular season. It was last year at this time that names like defensive end Jack Crawford and special teams ace C.J. Spillman were added to Dallas’ roster.
Who will be the new additions this year? Below, I’ll post tweets throughout the day with various rumors and possible targets for the Dallas Cowboys during this waiver period.