|1. Miami Dolphins -Chris Long, DE, Virginia
- With an impressive combine showing, Chris Long jumped to the top of almost every mock. Question is, does Miami keep this pick or trade down. Right now, they should keep it and take Howie’s son. He had 14 sacks this year in a 3-4 system and that’s mighty good.
|2. St. Louis Rams -Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU
- The Rams look to be rebuilding a bit. Defense has always been a problem for the Rams. Dorsey is a good start to try and revamp the front line. Dorsey was awarded the Bronko Nagurski Trophy, the Outland Trophy, the Lott Trophy and the Lombardi Award, becoming the only player to have won all four awards.
|3. Atlanta Falcons* -Traded to Dallas Cowboys for both Cowboys first round picks, Bobby Carpenter and Marcus Spears. Dallas gets cornerback DeAngelo Hall and drafts Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas
- Well, here it is. The first mock where I have the Cowboys trading up. I am having strong instincts with this one. Just keep a close eye on talks with Atlanta now that DeAngelo has pretty much said he won’t be back. There aren’t many of us Cowboys fans left who don’t think Jerry Jones will pass on Darren McFadden.
|4. Oakland Raiders* -Sedrick Ellis, DT, LSU
- Ellis will replace retired Warren Sapp. Ellis is super strong and should give offensive lineman fits in the NFL. Raiders could not go wrong with this pick.
|5. Kansas City Chiefs* -Jake Long, OT, Michigan
- I struggled with this one because I think the Chiefs may try and take QB Matt Ryan with this pick. The Falcons might have taken him if they keep the third. Long is the best offensive lineman in the draft and he will help the Chiefs reignite that running game.
|6. New York Jets -Vernon Gholston, LB-DE, Ohio State
- The Jets got a great offensive guard in free agency and they can address the defense with this solid pick. They also will be stealing Gholston from the Patriots who will likely take him at the next pick if he is there. This is payback for CheaterGate. Gholston is a tall, aggressive end/linebacker.
|7. New England Patriots (From 49ers) -Leodis McKelvin, CB, Troy
- Losing two cornerbacks in free agency is a hit to the Cheaters secondary. If Gholston is gone, this pick is a guarantee to be a cornerback. He is a great corner, who is tall and big. This guy is the total package for a team looking for a corner.
|8. Baltimore Ravens – Matt Ryan, QB, Boston College
- The Ravens will dance in the streets if Ryan drops this far. It is very possible. Ryan is the best quarterback in the draft. Many experts say he is NFL ready.
|9. Cincinnati Bengals -Keith Rivers, OLB, USC
- The Bengals need all the help they can get on defense. Rivers may be small (only 220 pounds) but he is a super athletic linebacker. He’s fast and aggressive. There are plenty of guys his size who had great NFL careers.
|10. New Orleans Saints -Mike Jenkins, CB, South Florida
- A great man-to-man cover guy with speed. Jenkins will fit right in for the Saints who gave up the most big plays in the NFL last year.
|11. Buffalo Bills -DeSean Jackson, WR, California
- The Bills continue to have needs on key positions on offense. Still searching for a No. 1 receiver after all these years. DeSean Jackson showed speed in the combines.The only possible problem is he is undersized at just 172 pounds.
|12. Denver Broncos -Ryan Clady, OT, Boise St.
- The second best offensive lineman in the draft will head to the Mile High City. The Broncos have a history of great run blocking and Clady may carry that torch into the next decade.
|13. Carolina Panthers -Jonathan Stewart, RB, Oregon
- The combines opened up a lot of people to the pure size and mass of Stewart. The Panthers could really use a monster like this running the ball for them. He’ll run over many linebackers in the NFL right now.
|14. Chicago Bears -Malcolm Kelly, WR, Oklahoma
- Two-thirds of the remaining wide outs on the Bears haven’t played one game in the NFL. Not one snap. Woah. And this team still needs a running back and a quarterback. Yikes. Might as well start with Kelly.
|15. Detroit Lions -Aqib Talib, CB, Kansas
- Talib had a great bowl game and his stock hasn’t fallen off much. Secondary is a big hole for the Lions. There is more upside in Talib than any other corner.
|16. Arizona Cardinals -Phillip Merling, DE, Clemson
- Merling can rush the passer and stop the run. With an improving offense, the Cardinal should draft defense for a few rounds in a row and see if they can hit gold.
|17. Minnesota Vikings -Kenny Phillips, S, Miami
- It seems like the entire secondary for the Vikes is gone. The best safety by far in the draft, Phillips is a great addition to any team’s defense. He should contribute right away.
|18. Houston Texans-Felix Jones, RB, Arkansas
- The other Arkansas running back that some experts say will have a better NFL career than McFadden. Jones can return kicks but his bursting speed is sought after in the NFL. The Texans cannot go wrong with this pick.
|19. Philadelphia Eagles – Derrick Harvey, DE, Florida
- The Eagles made a splash with the Asanta Samuel grab. Now, Harvey, who can play defensive end or linebacker. He’s tall and lanky. And he is a bit wet with experience. But there is a lot of upside in the versatile Harvey.
|20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers -Jeff Otah, OT, Pittsburgh
- A team with several needs, it is very possible the Bucs draft a wide out here. But Otah would serve them better. Another late football starter, Otah has a ton of upside. His 6-foot 4 3 40 pound frame makes him one of the biggest lineman.
|21. Washington Redskins-Calais Campbell, DE, Miami
- 6 feet 8 inches tall and 280 pounds. Holy crap. Campbell is a beast. The Redskins will draft Campbell and his impact could be huge in a few years. A pure specimen and a force to be reckoned with.
|22. Dallas Cowboys (From Browns) – Traded to Falcons, Reggie Smith, CB, Oklahoma
- Gee, I am not too sure the Falcons miss out on Hall much with Reggie Smith coming to town. They get someone with a better attitude and possibly might even be a better cover guy at a far lower price.
|23. Pittsburgh Steelers -Gosder Cherilus, OT, Boston College
- The Steelers are slightly rebuilding their offensive line.
|24. Tennessee Titans –Limas Sweed, WR, Texas
- Not a bad snag here at 24th. The Titans desperately need a wide out star for quarterback Vince Young. He has absolutely NO ONE to throw to. Sweed could be a big threat for opposing defenses.
|25. Seattle Seahawks -Rashard Mendenhall, RB, Illinois
- I’ve seen several articles now that say the Seahawks may drop Shaun Alexander. He was pretty bad this past season. Mendenhall is a good running back who made Illinois a contender this year. He could go to the Panthers, but either way, I think the Hawks take a runner here.
|26. Jacksonville Jaguars -Quentin Groves, DE, Auburn
- Auburn defensive players have been doing well in the NFL lately. Groves could be a late first round sleeper. He’s middle sized for an end but he is second all time with 23 sacks for Auburn.
|27. San Diego Chargers -Kentwan Balmer, DT, North Carolina
- A team with few major needs. Balmer needs some polishing, but he is versatile and can play outside or inside for the Chargers.
|28. Dallas Cowboys -traded to Atlanta, Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville
- The Falcons still address a major need by drafting Brohm here. For a long time I thought Brohn was going to win the Heisman, but he had a somewhat disappointing Senior season. Doesn’t really matter. He’s not a pocket guy, but he has decent strength and he’s a big guy. Atlanta needs a QB and Brohm is the second best.
|29. San Francisco 49ers (From Colts) -James Hardy, WR, Indiana
- The 49ers have no one that Alex Smith can throw to. Hardy is tall and had good hands. The 49ers have three wide outs to choose from, with Hardy, Manningham and Doucet not picked yet. Any of those three can go right here.
|30. Green Bay Packers -Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, CB, Tenn St.
- The Packers don’t have a ton of needs. But the secondary is getting a big aged. Cromartie is a guy who had a decent combine and scouts love him. He’s aggressive and has a good attitude.
|31. New York Giants -Dan Connor, LB, Penn St.
- The Giants loss three players in one day, all on defense. The linebacker corps is not the same. Connor has the most tackles in Litany Lion history. That’s pretty good for a team with a history of strong defenses. The Giants cannot go wrong with Connor, who will come in right away at OLB.
|CHEATERS SUCK. LOSERS.