No matter what happens in free agency, there are three positions that are undisputed needs that the Dallas Cowboys must address in the 2020 NFL Draft.
We are now less than one week away from the official legal tampering period of NFL free agency. For the Dallas Cowboys, there are armed to be major players during this time.
Obviously, most of the money that Dallas has available is going towards re-signing quarterback Dak Prescott and receiver Amari Cooper. These are absolute must-do deals if they want to continue towards a forward trajectory.
After these moves are complete, it is possible that they may have enough to bring back either defensive end Robert Quinn or cornerback Byron Jones. It is also very possible both move on and the Dallas Cowboys use that money to build depth with an eye towards the draft.
As it stands at this very moment, there are very clear needs that will be a requirement to address, one way or another. Those needs, in no specific order, are as such:
- Quarterback (there are currently none on the roster)
- Receiver (joining Cooper on the free-agent market is also Randall Cobb and Tavon Austin)
- Tight end (we’ll get to that in a minute)
- Defensive line (both interior and pass rush)
- Secondary (both cornerback and safety)
- Linebacker (mostly for depth)
When it comes to next month’s player selection meeting, there are three indisputable positions from the list above that must be addressed in the draft.