Dallas Cowboys: 3 key things they must do to win Week One
Key #2 – The Passing Game
The Panthers weakness on defense is their secondary.
More from The Landry Hat
- 3 ways Cowboys’ Dak Prescott can have a bounce-back season in 2023
- Cowboys News: Dallas sets pre-draft visit with potential Dalton Schultz upgrade
- NFL executives heaping praise on offseason is uncharted territory for Cowboys
- 3 free agent signings from NFC East rivals that left Cowboys fans laughing
- Cowboys News: Brandin Cooks sends flattering message to CeeDee Lamb, Stephon Gilmore
With no notable talents or playmakers on the back end, this secondary is one the Cowboys might actually be able to take advantage of.
What the Cowboys wide receivers position group lacks in high-end number one talent they make up for with depth and versatility.
With Allen Hurns, Cole Beasley, Michael Gallup, and Terrence Williams; the Cowboys can have four-receiver sets and take advantage of Carolina’s lack of cornerback depth and talent.
With specialty options like gadget-guy Tavon Austin, deep-threat Deonte Thompson, and presumed red zone threat Rico Gathers, the team can really expose Carolina’s pass coverage deficiencies.
This is dependent on the offensive line holding up for Dallas, and though the tackles seem good to go, the interior line is still a question.
If the team can hold up, expect Dak to sit back and find his reads comfortably.
Add in Ezekiel Elliott‘s receiving ability out of the backfield and Prescott might find himself having a day.