Five Dallas Cowboys players in preseason opener spotlight
By Brad Austin
#64 ANTWAUN WOODS (6’1, 318, DT)
More from The Landry Hat
- 3 ways Cowboys’ Dak Prescott can have a bounce-back season in 2023
- Cowboys News: Dallas sets pre-draft visit with potential Dalton Schultz upgrade
- NFL executives heaping praise on offseason is uncharted territory for Cowboys
- 3 free agent signings from NFC East rivals that left Cowboys fans laughing
- Cowboys News: Brandin Cooks sends flattering message to CeeDee Lamb, Stephon Gilmore
The Cowboys have been so focused on maximizing interior pocket pressure they’re dangerously close to sabotaging the defense.
One thing Ezekiel Elliott should have taught them by now is if a defense can’t stop the run, the passing game follows suit.
Unlike the recent past, the NFC East will now have very talented runners in the fray.
With Maliek Collins coming off of foot surgery and David Irving suspended for four weeks, the interior run defense must receive needed attention.
The rookie middle linebacker, Vander Esch, won’t have a fair chance to disrupt if the middle defense is constantly pushed back into his lap.
So far Antwaun Woods has been the only tackle in camp showing he’s capable of stuffing interior blockers cold in their tracks.
If he continues clogging the middle in game situations, a drop-off in interior pass rush on early downs will be a worthy trade.