Comparing the Dallas Cowboys WR corps amongst NFC East foes
By Tyrone Starr
New York Giants (Silver medal)
Odell Beckham, Jr., Sterling Shepard, Cody Latimer, Russell Shepard, Roger Lewis
The Giants have the best overall receiver within the division in Beckham. When he’s on his game and mentally engaged, he is a top five overall type.
More from Cowboys News
- 3 ways Cowboys’ Dak Prescott can have a bounce-back season in 2023
- Cowboys News: Dallas sets pre-draft visit with potential Dalton Schultz upgrade
- NFL executives heaping praise on offseason is uncharted territory for Cowboys
- 3 free agent signings from NFC East rivals that left Cowboys fans laughing
- Cowboys News: Brandin Cooks sends flattering message to CeeDee Lamb, Stephon Gilmore
The problem for Odell, however, seems to be all mental.
We all know the history of him taking himself out of games paying more attention to individual wars. Now, that mental aspect is spilling into his off the field life as well. In case you missed it, Beckham was part of a video released showing illegal drug use in a hotel.
Will he be suspended?
With the current commissioner, no one ever really knows. Things on this front have been oddly quiet, however the court of public opinion will grow even sourer if, say, Zeke can be suspended with no evidence whatsoever but video proof allows someone to slide.
After Odell, the group is just as underwhelming as the other two. Here, again, is where Bryant could make an appearance and change the balance of the division. If Beckham does miss games do his behavior, a Dez signing would make a lot of sense.