• Talk to me Dak
Dak Prescott‘s 82.1 quarterback rating was his worst showing since week 2 against the Denver Broncos. He had a 68.6 rating that day.
More from The Landry Hat
- 3 ways Cowboys’ Dak Prescott can have a bounce-back season in 2023
- Cowboys News: Dallas sets pre-draft visit with potential Dalton Schultz upgrade
- NFL executives heaping praise on offseason is uncharted territory for Cowboys
- 3 free agent signings from NFC East rivals that left Cowboys fans laughing
- Cowboys News: Brandin Cooks sends flattering message to CeeDee Lamb, Stephon Gilmore
Before we plead the “hype” train again, remember, Dak still shot for a 66.7 completion percentage last week. Yes, he only had 176 passing yards and zero touchdowns in the air.
But on a day he ran for his life, including a few stops to 7-Eleven for gas, Dak showed up for his team. He ran the ball six times for 42 yards and one score. He trailed the Cowboys leading rusher, Alfred Morris, by 11 yards.
Prescott accepted his leadership role with Ezekiel Elliott out. He played hard, fought hard. Unfortunately, as we’ve seen before, this is a team sport. Regardless if you’re a Tony Romo or Troy Aikman, nobody can play quarterback without a little help from their friends.
Could you imagine Aikman back there?
• Red light warning on Chaz Green
There’s no way this third rounder is going to play ball with Philly. He lost his job for good, and it’ll be hard pressed to think this guy will start for anyone else this year.