The main concern for any offense playing Denver is blocking outside linebacker Von Miller. He’s the best edge rusher in the NFL and can wreak havoc if he isn’t accounted for.
More from The Landry Hat
- 3 ways Cowboys’ Dak Prescott can have a bounce-back season in 2023
- Cowboys News: Dallas sets pre-draft visit with potential Dalton Schultz upgrade
- NFL executives heaping praise on offseason is uncharted territory for Cowboys
- 3 free agent signings from NFC East rivals that left Cowboys fans laughing
- Cowboys News: Brandin Cooks sends flattering message to CeeDee Lamb, Stephon Gilmore
For Dallas, this responsibility will fall to right tackle La’el Collins. Against the Giants, he made his first start at his new position and played extremely well vs All Pro, defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul. Collins was able to handle his opponent’s strength and keep the pocket clean.
This match-up presents a different test, as Miller uses speed, rather than power, to get to the quarterback. Collins’ footwork and balance needs to be excellent this Sunday. If not, Miller will run laps around him and disrupt the offense.
To provide Collins with some extra help, Dallas will have to keep running back Ezekiel Elliott in pass protection. Fortunately for the Cowboys, he’s excellent in blitz pickup and will provide the offensive line with some relief.