28. Dallas Cowboys: Jabrill Peppers (Safety/Linebacker)
Ahhh…We finally get to the Dallas Cowboys who will have a limited crop of prospects to select from.
Dallas has needed a pass rusher for a long time and have invested several picks into attaining players they believe will make a difference, this will be the year to prove it.
More from The Landry Hat
- 3 ways Cowboys’ Dak Prescott can have a bounce-back season in 2023
- Cowboys News: Dallas sets pre-draft visit with potential Dalton Schultz upgrade
- NFL executives heaping praise on offseason is uncharted territory for Cowboys
- 3 free agent signings from NFC East rivals that left Cowboys fans laughing
- Cowboys News: Brandin Cooks sends flattering message to CeeDee Lamb, Stephon Gilmore
If you think about it Dallas could only fit one defensive end on the roster if they where to keep all the players at the position currently.
The bigger need is in the secondary and with the best cornerbacks off the board Dallas will take a shot on the versatile Peppers.
He can play linebacker, safety, and kick/punt returner, the team needs a player who can line up in multiple defensive packages and make plays.
I would like wide receivers Corey Davis or John Ross here as well but there are too many needs on the defensive side of the ball for Dallas to take an offensive player with their first round pick.
A corner in the second round and pass rusher in the third would instantly give the Cowboys defense a big lift and some fresh playmakers.