W2W4: Can the Dallas Cowboys bounce back in Week Two?
By Tyrone Starr
The battle in the trenches
The New York Giants have a brand new offensive line. Almost every player along the line was not with the team in 2017.
More from The Landry Hat
- 3 ways Cowboys’ Dak Prescott can have a bounce-back season in 2023
- Cowboys News: Dallas sets pre-draft visit with potential Dalton Schultz upgrade
- NFL executives heaping praise on offseason is uncharted territory for Cowboys
- 3 free agent signings from NFC East rivals that left Cowboys fans laughing
- Cowboys News: Brandin Cooks sends flattering message to CeeDee Lamb, Stephon Gilmore
This line was supposed to be a major upgrade over last year’s disappointing unit.
The early returns are not so good. Last week, the Jaguars registered ten tackles for loss, six quarterback hits and two sacks.
If not for a miraculous 68-yard run from rookie running back Saquon Barkley, the Giants would have had no rushing presence.
Meanwhile, Dallas defensive end DeMarcus Lawrence tallied four tackles for loss or no gain against Carolina.
Dallas was able to sack Cam Newton three times and keep the Panthers run game in check for most of the game.
Can the Cowboys defense continue to have success against a poor offensive line? This matchup will go a long ways towards deciding the outcome on the scoreboard.