Kenny Vaccaro, S – New Orleans Saints
New Orleans Saints safety Kenny Vaccaro is a former first round selection out of Texas. Now in his fifth season, Vaccaro is also in the final year for his rookie deal. That makes him a tradeable asset for the Saints.
More from The Landry Hat
- 3 ways Cowboys’ Dak Prescott can have a bounce-back season in 2023
- Cowboys News: Dallas sets pre-draft visit with potential Dalton Schultz upgrade
- NFL executives heaping praise on offseason is uncharted territory for Cowboys
- 3 free agent signings from NFC East rivals that left Cowboys fans laughing
- Cowboys News: Brandin Cooks sends flattering message to CeeDee Lamb, Stephon Gilmore
In fact, New Orleans was rumored to be activity shopping Vaccaro earlier this season as they have 2016 second round selection Vonn Bell waiting in the wings. The veteran safety was even benched in Week Two due to his poor play against the New England Patriots.
But all Vaccaro has done since is recorded 18 total tackles, three interceptions and six pass defends in four games. Those three picks are already a career high.
The 26-year old Vaccaro is clearly a talented player who will be looking for a long-term contract at season’s end. He might very well find that in Dallas.
If the Cowboys can trade for the former Longhorn, bringing Vaccaro back to his home state could very well be the move the young safety needs to take his game to the next level.
It certainly looks as if Kenny Vaccaro is starting to play up to his draft status despite the Saints appearing more than ready to move on from him. Dallas could really swoop in here and find themselves a gem of player.