STEPHEN PAEA #55 – Defensive tackle
More from The Landry Hat
- 3 ways Cowboys’ Dak Prescott can have a bounce-back season in 2023
- Cowboys News: Dallas sets pre-draft visit with potential Dalton Schultz upgrade
- NFL executives heaping praise on offseason is uncharted territory for Cowboys
- 3 free agent signings from NFC East rivals that left Cowboys fans laughing
- Cowboys News: Brandin Cooks sends flattering message to CeeDee Lamb, Stephon Gilmore
Paea was a disruptive force in the 4-3 defense before spending the last two years playing 3-4 technique that poorly matched his skill set.
So far in camp he’s proven to be explosive off the ball while returning back to the one gap attack duties in the 4-3.
With Collins sitting out with injury, Paea has shifted from the nose and filled in at the vacated under tackle position.
Regardless if Thornton plays tonight, Paea should see snaps at both tackle spots in preparation to switch back to nose when Collins returns.
With Arizona holding back their starters, the veteran will get the chance to overpower lesser competition in his first game as a Cowboy.