1-TECHNIQUE DEFENSIVE TACKLE (Winner: Paea)
The departure of Terrell McClain left a big hole at 1-technique defensive tackle.
More from The Landry Hat
- 3 ways Cowboys’ Dak Prescott can have a bounce-back season in 2023
- Cowboys News: Dallas sets pre-draft visit with potential Dalton Schultz upgrade
- NFL executives heaping praise on offseason is uncharted territory for Cowboys
- 3 free agent signings from NFC East rivals that left Cowboys fans laughing
- Cowboys News: Brandin Cooks sends flattering message to CeeDee Lamb, Stephon Gilmore
Cedric Thornton will get the first crack, but his 2016 performance left much to be desired. While we may see improvement, it won’t hold off challengers.
Dallas signed Stephen Paea in free agency to offest McClain’s loss. He was a former player for Marinelli in Chicago’s 4-3 defense.
During his first four years in the 4-3, Paea was a disruptive force with 40 starts.
His final season (2014) in the Bears defense ended with six sacks. While playing the last two seasons out of position in the 3-4, his impact fell off.
He’s now reunited with his old mentor and back playing his natural spot. Paea will turn heads and resurrect a starting role in Dallas.