#3 – 10/08/2017 vs Green Bay Packers
It’s only right that the team that eliminated the Cowboys from the 2016-17 playoffs makes the list.
The Green Bay Packers have the most talented quarterback in the NFL in Aaron Rodgers who can literally make every throw from anywhere.
More from The Landry Hat
- 3 ways Cowboys’ Dak Prescott can have a bounce-back season in 2023
- Cowboys News: Dallas sets pre-draft visit with potential Dalton Schultz upgrade
- NFL executives heaping praise on offseason is uncharted territory for Cowboys
- 3 free agent signings from NFC East rivals that left Cowboys fans laughing
- Cowboys News: Brandin Cooks sends flattering message to CeeDee Lamb, Stephon Gilmore
In the two most recent seasons where the Cowboys made the playoffs, the Packers have stood in their way and shut the door on their championship hopes.
Regardless of how much players say it is just another game, there is going to be a lot of hype going into this game and it could be a huge statement game for Dallas is they can get the job done at home.
The key to the Cowboys winning this game is being able to get consistent pressure on Rodgers and putting up plenty of points to give themselves a cushion. Controlling time of possession with long, sustained drives built off of running success and play action passing also helps your chances.
This is likely to be one of those games that has ratings records for that specific week of the season because it is two high profile teams with recent playoff history and bad blood between them.