2013 NFL Mock Draft
11. San Diego Chargers – Lane Johnson, Offensive Tackle, Oklahoma: A big riser after the Senior Bowl will be an immediate starter for the Chargers. The team must find out if Rivers is problem or the offensive line is the problem. Sound familiar Cowboy fans?
12. Miami Dolphins – Ezekiel Ansah, DE/OLB, BYU: Rocketing up the draft boards possibly into the top 10.
13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Johnathan Banks, Cornerback, Mississippi State: Banks has succeeded against some of the best talent in college football. Tampa Bay is in great need since trading away talented but troubled CB, Aqib Talib.
14. Carolina Panthers – Jonathan Hankins, Defensive Tackle, Ohio State: The mammoth Hankins is just what the doctor ordered in fixing this run defense. VERY underrated player.
15. New Orleans Saints – Kenny Vaccaro, Safety, Texas: The Saints are just thinking defense this draft. Vaccaro should be the cornerstone this defense needs as they will usually be playing with a lead. One of the many DL will also be heavily considered.
16. St. Louis Rams – Zach Ertz, Tight End, Stanford: If OG Chance Warmack falls, he’s the obvious choice. They will be patient with their young WR corps and consider a TE as someone who can help pass protect and be a safety valve.
17. Pittsburgh Steelers –Dion Jordan, Outside Linebacker, Oregon: If Dion wasn’t injured he’d be long gone by now. If he passes his physicals the Steelers wouldn’t think twice. Harrison’s closer to 40 than 30 now so it’s time to think replacement.
18. Dallas Cowboys – Sheldon Richardson, Defensive Tackle, Missouri: As Dallas shifts to Kiffin’s Tampa 2 defense, Richardson fits Warren Sapp’s 3-technique undertackle position perfectly. Sylvester Williams could also be a possibility here if he performs well at the combine and if Richardson is gone.
19. New York Giants – Sam Montgomery, DE, LSU: With Osi Umenyiora on his way out, Sam Montgomery will man the strong side opposite Justin Tuck on the weak side.
20. Chicago Bears – Manti T’eo, Linebacker, Notre Dame: Chicago has some choices to make regarding LB Urlacher. Henry Melton will take FA priority so Manti will be the perfect choice help fans forget Urlacher. Oh yeah, insert fake girlfriend joke here_.