11. San Diego Chargers – Jake Matthews, Offensive Tackle, Texas A&M
Matthews is a great pick for the Chargers, the offense went through a rough season and the best place to start? The o-line! He is a big kid at 6-5, 305. With the light feet he posses along with his athleticism and ability, the Chargers should consider themselves lucky!
12. Miami Dolphins – Ezekiel Ansah, Defensive End, Brigham Young
Not afraid to hit someone, Ansah will fill a need on defense for the Dolphins. He has a motor that doesn’t stop and with his speed and athleticism, expect him to be a game 1 starter for the Dolphins.
13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Johnathan Banks, Cornerback, Mississippi State
Banks’ size will make a good run defender plus he has good ball handling skills. He is a well-rounded athlete who will be a good fit for Tampa Bay.
14. Carolina Panthers – Star Lotulelei, Defensive Tackle, Utah
Best interior defensive lineman in the draft, according to many scouting reports. Considering how bad the Panthers were on the defensive side of the ball, this will be a tremendous upgrade.
15. New Orleans Saints – Dion Jordan, Outside Linebacker, Oregon
The Saints need help on the defensive side of the ball. Jordan would be a good addition. Standing at 6-7, 243 this kid has not only size but a burst of speed that has the ability to stay up with most halfbacks and slot receivers.
16. St. Louis Rams – Eric Fisher, Offensive Tackle, Central Michigan
Standing at 6-8, 305 Fisher has excellent pass blocking skills and in this pass happy NFL, you want your star QB well protected. The Rams get themselves a good selection out of the Central Michigan product.
17. Pittsburgh Steelers – Alec Ogletree, Linebacker, Georgia
Ogletree will help an aging LB corp in Steeler country. He possesses some good technique that could use some polishing off, but other than that he will be a contributor to Pittsburgh.
18. Dallas Cowboys – Landry Jones, Quarterback, Oklahoma
I know realistically that Jerry Jones will probably not draft a QB because of his commitment to Tony Romo BUT there comes a time when commitment and wins need to be compromised. Landry Jones has one intangible that mimics Troy Aikman, which is accuracy. With that in mind, Jerry Jones will see his glory days being rekindled as Jones will backup Romo until Jerry says “enough”
19. New York Giants –Tyler Eifert, Tight End, Notre Dame
Tom Coughlin likes to have a few tight ends and to have a good blocking tight end, that’s a bonus. Eifert will give Coughlin that and much more. If the Giants can sign former Dallas Cowboy Martellus Bennet to a contract extension, you can expect some old school NY Giants football using the 3 TE set.
20. Chicago Bears – Chance Warmack, Offensive Guard, Alabama
Warmack is probably the best interior lineman in the draft. He might go higher than this pick but I also see that Chicago might even trade up to get him. Protecting Jay Cutler is going to be the need for the incoming head coach, so expect something to happen between Warmack and the Bears.