The NFL season is almost upon us. I thought this would be a great time to go over a quick summary of my thoughts on all the teams in the league, from the best to the worst. And we start with…
1. New England Patriots – The Best QB in football gets you the #1 ranking. TE Gronkowski is an awesome talent. Drafted young players to help their weak defense.
2. New York Giants – Still the Champs until someone proves otherwise. Giants are great at restocking talent through the draft.
3. San Francisco 49′ers – The 49er’s added Randy Moss and still have the #1 Defense in the NFL, maybe the best overall team in 2012.
4. Baltimore Ravens - Depends on the health of injured OLB Suggs – he is the team leader.
5. Dallas Cowboys – Under-rated QB Tony Romo will lead the Best Offense in the NFL – Ware – Claiborne and the D are improving - Big Year in Big D.
6. Houston Texans – Imagine if they kept Mario Williams, that combined with Foster and Johnson, would have made them the favorite in the AFC.
7. Green Bay Packers – Aaron Rodgers will find out you do indeed need a running game and defense in this league.
8. Detroit Lions – Suh and the D will lead them to the playoffs again as a wildcard.
9. Philadelphia Eagles – Eagles are over-rated as always. Loss of OT Peters will cause Vick to get injured sooner than usual.
10. Pittsburgh Steelers – Rebuilt the interior O-line with DeCastro, Veteran talent on defense, could surprise in the AFC.
11. New Orleans Saints – Loss of NFC’s Best Head Coach and Vilma, too much for the Saints to overcome.
12. Chicago Bears – Cutler must stay healthy for once, and even then just hoping for a wild card berth in a tough division.
13. Denver Broncos – Peyton Manning will win the division, but cannot take this average Broncos team any further.
14. Carolina Panthers – Cam is the Man. He will win the Division and Amaze us with his play once again in 2012.
15. Buffalo Bills – My Surprise team of 2012, could challenge New England in the AFC East. Need more plays from the Wr’s and more consistency at QB.
16. Atlanta Falcons – Changed from a hard nosed running team to pass happy and have never been the same threat since.
See the second half of my list, on the next page…