- on the first possession, Jay Ratliff finally did something worthy of being noticed: he fought through a double-team to drop the ball carrier for a short gain; his tackle forced Zona to punt.
- on the 2nd possession, Gerald Sensabaugh had a spectacular open-field tackle to drop Stephens-Howling after a 16 yard scamper. This tackle is notable because Sensabaugh did something by himself that the entire team couldn’t do in overtime. Ratliff had a sack to bring up 3rd and 13.
- on the 3rd possession, the Cowboys defense had 2 sacks: one was by Hatcher, the other by Sean Lissemore. These sacks are notable because they were coverage sacks. By coverage sack I mean that Kolb had more than 3 or 4 seconds to find an open receiver, but he had no where to throw because the coverage was so good.
- on the 4th possession, Sean Lee made a big tackle for no gain. On 2nd and 3rd down, Kolb again had tons of time to throw the ball, but the coverage was again excellent and both plays resulted in incomplete passes.
- on the 5th possession, Danny McCray made a great tackle on the kickoff at the 13 yard-line. Ware had a sack. Spencer shed a blocker to make another tackle that resulted in a minimal gain. Scandrick and Walker teamed up to provide good coverage on 3rd down which resulted in an incomplete pass.
- on the 6th possession, Walker and Spencer converged on the ball carrier to tackle him for a 4 yard loss. Then, McCray made a good tackle on third down to force a punt.
Click on the link to read about the second half