- They made it nearly impossible for the Bills to complete any deep passes. Part of that success must be shared with the pass-rushers who didn’t allow Fitzpatrick to sit in the pocket all day, but the secondary did an excellent job of defending a lead. The Bills QB completed 20 passes for less than a 150 yards.
- Rob Ryan continues to use Scandrick blitzing from the slot effectively; he came very close to causing a fumble.
- Frank Walker was also sent on a few blitzes. He also made some big tackles; one tackle prevented the Bills from getting a 1st down on their 2nd possession of the day.
- When the Bills went with 3 and 4 WR’s, Scandrick stayed in the slot. Terance Newman and either Walker or Alan Ball were on the edges.
- Terance Newman was on the sideline for at least a few plays that were obvious passing situations.
- Rob Ryan has this secondary tackling better than it has in a long time. There were several times on Sunday when the Bills called screens and there was only one defender capable of preventing a big gain; the CB’s and Safeties came up and made the play every time.
- Barry Church was used as a LB in some of the prevent formations.
- Alan Ball had a nice pass break-up to prevent a TD.
- In a game where the Boys led from the start, the Bills leading receiver had just 51 yards.
Tags: Abram Elam Alan Ball Alex Albright Barry Church Buffalo Bills Chan Gailey Cowboys Dallas Dallas Cowboys Danny McCray DeMarcus Ware Fred Jackson Gerald Sensabaugh Jay Ratliff Orlando Scandrick Rob Ryan Ryan Fitzpatrick Terence Newman