- Bailey, in addition to being a paragon of accuracy and consistency on FG’s, looks like he has enough leg to get the ball into the endzone consistently on kick-offs.
- The much maligned Martellus Bennet was asked, on more than one occasion, to block DE’s one-on-one; he did his job on every play that I could see. I think people underestimate the importance of having someone who has the agility and speed of a TE, but can still block a DE or OLB one-on-one like an OL.
- The offense did not seem like it was missing its #1 receiver; Bryant and Laurent Robinson played very well. Both WR’s had over 70 yards, and both scored touchdowns (Robinson had 2).
- How does Jason Witten still convert so many 3rd downs when everyone on the planet knows that is where Romo wants to throw the ball?
- Jesse Holley caught a 26 yard pass on 3rd down on the first possession. The reception kept the drive going, and eventually Romo threw a TD pass to Bryant; that drive set the tone for the rest of the game.
- Phillip Tanner continues to show the determination, effort, and drive that made him a fan favorite in the pre-season. In the 4th quarter, on 3rd and 1, Tanner was met by a defender well short of the first own marker, but Tanner fought through the tackle and picked up the first down.
- Dez Bryant did not return punts, Akwasi Owusu-Ansah did.
Akawsi was drafted in the 4th round of 2010; he played CB in college and the Cowboys first tried to convert him to safety. He returned kickoffs as a rookie until being placed on IR. He was beat out this year by Danny McCray and Barry Church; he ended up on the practice squad.
The Cowboys obviously like the talent Akwasi has because they have recently converted him to WR. He was brought up from the practice squad this week because of the injury to Austin. Dwayne Harris would have been activated before Akwasi, but he injured a hamstring this week.
Click on the link to read the conclusion.
Tags: Akwasi Owusu-Ansah Barry Church Bill Parcells Buffalo Bills Cowboys Dallas Dallas Cowboys Danny McCray DeMarco Murray Dez Bryant Jason Garrett Jesse Holley Laurent Robinson Martellus Bennett Miles Austin Phillip Tanner Tony Romo