– Laurent Robinson continues to be excellent as a third receiver. He has been so excellent, that while I know we will miss Austin, I am not in a panic. I think that Robinson will continue to improve as the season goes along.
– Jason Witten is on pace to surpass both Drew Pearson and Tony Hill this season to become the 2nd leading receiving (yards) in Cowboy history.
– Tyron Smith seems to me to be making fewer and fewer noticeable mistakes every week. Similarly, I haven’t heard Doug Free’s name called for poor play nearly as frequently in the last few games.
– Phil Costa occasionally gets manhandled by big DT’s; this week he was pushed 3 or 4 yards back on more than one occasion.
– Phillip Tanner looks like a capable back-up.
– I haven’t crunched the numbers yet, but I think that the Cowboys had one of the best games this season in terms of converting 3rd downs. (I am hoping to write a small article about the 3rd down offense later this week).
– John Phillips was finally targeted with a pass; I am pretty sure it is was in the redzone.
– Dan Bailey has kicked 19 straight FG’s without missing one. He has only missed one FG attempt this year.
– I am a huge fan of David Buehler. You have to love having a badass kicker who comes close to leading your team in special teams tackles. I wanted him to win the job in the pre-season. But he doesn’t seem to be kicking touchbacks with enough regularity to justify having 2 kickers on the roster. There are too many other needs on this team, many of them caused by injuries, to continue to keep 2 kickers.