- Laurent Robinson continues to be excellent as a third receiver. He has been so excellent, that while I know we will miss Austin, I am not in a panic. I think that Robinson will continue to improve as the season goes along.
- Jason Witten is on pace to surpass both Drew Pearson and Tony Hill this season to become the 2nd leading receiving (yards) in Cowboy history.
- Tyron Smith seems to me to be making fewer and fewer noticeable mistakes every week. Similarly, I haven’t heard Doug Free’s name called for poor play nearly as frequently in the last few games.
- Phil Costa occasionally gets manhandled by big DT’s; this week he was pushed 3 or 4 yards back on more than one occasion.
- Phillip Tanner looks like a capable back-up.
- I haven’t crunched the numbers yet, but I think that the Cowboys had one of the best games this season in terms of converting 3rd downs. (I am hoping to write a small article about the 3rd down offense later this week).
- John Phillips was finally targeted with a pass; I am pretty sure it is was in the redzone.
- Dan Bailey has kicked 19 straight FG’s without missing one. He has only missed one FG attempt this year.
- I am a huge fan of David Buehler. You have to love having a badass kicker who comes close to leading your team in special teams tackles. I wanted him to win the job in the pre-season. But he doesn’t seem to be kicking touchbacks with enough regularity to justify having 2 kickers on the roster. There are too many other needs on this team, many of them caused by injuries, to continue to keep 2 kickers.
Tags: Cowboys Cowboys Vs Seahawks Review Dallas Cowboys Dallas Vs Seattle Review Dan Bailey David Buehler Dez Bryant Doug Free Drew Pearson Felix Jones Jason Garrett Jason Witten John Phillips Laurent Robinson Miles Austin Murray Fluke Phil Costa Phillip Tanner Ring Of Honor Rob Phillips Seattle Seahawks Skip Bayless Tony Fiammetta Tony Hill Tony Romo Tyron Smith