- RB Marion Barber (calf) – Limited Participation – Questionable – Barber was back in uniform and on the practice field this week after missing two straight games with a strained calf. Barber was held to limited participation in all three workouts, seemingly making him iffy for Sunday’s game against the Redskins. If he plays, he would shuffle the running back rotation once again.
- TE Martellus Bennett (Illness) – Full Participation – Probable – A day after cornerback Terence Newman was left out of practice because of a sickness, Bennett missed practice for the same reason Thursday. But he practiced Friday and should be good to go.
- LB Keith Brooking (foot) – Full Participation – Probable – The Cowboys seem to be very cautious with the veteran linebacker, holding him out on Wednesday with a nagging foot injury, then limiting him Thursday. But he had full participation Friday and should play against Washington.
- LB Bradie James (knee) – Full Participation – Probable – This knee injury has kept James out of Wednesday practices for the last six weeks. However, James was back to a normal workload on Thursday and should start again. He has never missed a game due to injury in his eight-year career.
- LB Sean Lee (shoulder) – Full Participation – Probable – The rookie linebacker missed Wednesday’s practice with a left shoulder injury, then Thursday as well, but returned Friday. Against the Eagles, Lee wore extra padding for the shoulder injury he sustained against the Colts but did not appear limited on special teams or backup linebacker reps.
- WR Jesse Holley (knee) – Limited Participation – Questionable – The wide receiver missed the first two practices this week with a knee injury, but said in the locker room Wednesday he will be ready to play on Sunday. He did practice some Friday, a sign of improvement heading into the Redskins game. Holley was credited with a season-high six special teams tackles against the Eagles.
- TE Terence Newman (Illness) – Full Participation – Probable – It doesn’t seem Newman’s symptoms will cause him any trouble heading into the weekend, as he returned to participate in practice on a limited basis on Thursday and fully on Friday.
- WR Roy Williams (groin) – Did Not Participate – Questionable – The Cowboys held Williams out of full contact with what they thought was a minor injury on Wednesday, but he didn’t practice at all on Thursday or Friday.
- QB Tony Romo (left shoulder) – Did Not Participate – Out – The starting quarterback has continued to do some light throwing, but Garrett said the team has not decided whether he could return before the end of the season. The decision will depend on the health of Romo’s left collarbone as well as the needed practice time to play at an efficient level.