By: Joe D.
1. Cowboys don’t choose offensive line in the first round.
One for one!!!!
2. Zero teams will trade out of the first round and into the second round. Considering the new draft format and the 24 hour news cycle, teams will be conscientious of local media.
WRONG! One for two. Baltimore was given a slew of picks by the Broncos (a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th) to trade up for an h-back. Some kid named Tebow.
3. The Eagles will not trade up in the first round, though they will take a QB in the 3rd round or later.
Wrong! One for three. Eagles traded up to draft Brandon Graham, a good pass rusher who will give the Cowboys fits for years to come. Damn!
4. Peter King set the over/under for trades in the first round at 4.5. He took the over. I’m taking the under.
5. Zero players currently in the NFL will be traded as part of a package to move up into the draft.
6. Chris Berman will annoy most Cowboys fans by saying something derogatory about Cowboys.
I’m going to take this a being right, because Berman’s very existence bothers me.
7. Dez Bryant will be drafted in the top 15 picks.
Wrong. Here’s hoping and praying he is the next coming of Irvin or Moss. He’s young and big and has a very nice highlight reel.
8. Redskins will draft offensive line and not QB with their first pick.
9. Sean Weatherspoon will be a steal late in the first round.
Wrong, he was picked in the middle of the round, but I’m feeling generous, I’m checking it as being right.
10. Tim Tebow will fall like a stone, into the 3rd round.
WRONG! Thank God Josh McDaniel isn’t in charge of my team. I seriously could not handle his wholesale changes trading quality players for good character mediocre players. He probably would have traded Tom Brady away if it was his choice (because of the whole baby daddy drama).