Written by theMBIIIeffect
So Jerry Jones is still without a major free agency move.
The biggest potential move was Gerald Sensabaugh’s exit, but he’s still in Dallas. As many as six teams have inquired about him, but he’s still in Dallas.
There are still a few things going on in the world of the Cowboys, though.
- Irving’s Texas Stadium is getting blown up on April 11th. The town is charging $25 per car to watch the old hole-in-the-roof stadium go down. I’d gladly pay whatever they’re asking to give the old girl a good sendoff.
- Jones is saying that the possibility of Greg Ellis returning to Dallas is “not unrealistic.” Thanks for being clear here, Jer. He’d be willing to be a third-down pass rusher. Think he’d be willing to play end again if someone signs Marcus Spears?
- Jones is going to introduce Emmitt Smith at his Hall of Fame induction. Everybody say “awwwwwwwwww.”
- The 2009 draft class has yet to show its full talent-they’ve just needed time.
- The Giants will play the first game at the new Meadowlands Stadium. Whoever will they play?
- Jerruh spoke up on behalf of American owners in the English Premier League. That’s soccer, folks.
- DeMarcus Ware fell only 11 points short of Patrick Willis in this year’s Butkus Award, which honors the best linebacker in the NFL. He won the award last season.
And that’s about it. I guess no news is good news out of Dallas still.
For one, I’m looking forward to the draft. I don’t like that it’s going to be split up over three days-the first round of the draft is going to be on a Thursday night, for crying out loud-and that it’s going to be during prime time. The NFL draft is supposed to be a weekend thing.
If nothing new comes out of Dallas soon, I’ll have to write about that.