I think in a way there is something to thank Champ Bailey for. When you have a coaching staff that throws to the Pro Bowler 15 times, there’s going to be someone questioning that game plan.
Offensive Coordinator Jason Garrett is driving me nuts. I want the guy to succeed, and I honestly would love to see him be a head coach here some day, but it won’t happen if he doesn’t figure out a better game plan against tough opponents.
What are the Cowboys doing wrong?
- Coaches have not figured out how to use a two tight end set very well. Marty B has done nothing so far, and he is itching to make a play. Nothing goes his way.
- Why do we throw the ball 30 to 40 times a game. There’s no reason for it. I’d be very happy with a 14 for 22 Tony Romo with one touchdown and no interceptions for 176 yards, over a 28-40 Romo with 340 yards, 2 touchdowns, 1 interception and one fumble. Run the ball. Go from Marion, to Felix, to Marion, to Tashard. Then, just when they are ready for the run, throw a pump fake to a deep Williams. No how to use your damn players.
- Stupid Penalties for poorly prepared teams. Enough of the bad penalties.
- Anthony Spencer could have had a breakout game, but he missed an interception and he was called for a face mask on his first sack. He needs to do something or sit down.
- Wade Phillips needs to put his defense in sudden death position in practice every day. The defense can play well all game and fail with the final winning drive. It has to stop.
- Tony Romo should go to a shrink. He’s not focused and he is not handling the pressure
- Start calling the 49ers for Michael Crabtree (hey, I know there is noway to get him now, but we could get him for 2010).
- Call Bill Cowher now and beg.