I am awake. I just have been swamped with life. So, when I become busy, the Dallas Cowboys decide to make one of the biggest changes in the history of the team, possibly as big as abruptly cutting ties with icon coach Tom Landry, the namesake of this blog.
Terrell Owens is getting the boot. We could debate the pros and cons of this all night long. Many of you already have. ESPN has the story sourced here.
The release really hurts the Dallas Cowboys in the salary cap, $9 million gone. The decision is important for several reasons:
- It proves that the Cowboys put more value in Tony Romo and Jason Witten, and they should
- Jerry Jones finally put his ego aside and realized that he delivered a wart to the locker room, a wart with a lot of talent
- The acquisition of Roy E. Williams wasn’t to make him a second receiver
- Miles Austin can play. He just needs to stay healthy
- The Cowboys may draft a wide receiver in the coming draft