Was it just me or did it seem like every time Dallas Cowboys rookie Felix Jones touched the ball he ran for 10 yards? Tell me I wasn’t dreaming.
The Cowboys went into the DawgPound today and made the Browns look like 2007 flukes. They completely mutilated these guys. One good thing was the Cowboys game out of the gates looking good. Last season, if you remember, we had a lot of slow starts. Maybe that won’t happen this year, because fast starts are important for success.
A few game notes:
- Yes, Felix Jones looked awesome. He’s a great compliment to this team’s offense. It appears the Cowboys will be using a two-back system more than many had anticipated after Jones’ fast start. It was funny, too, because when I saw his first run, a touchdown, I had a quick brain response that it was Julius Jones. Uhh, thank god it was not.
- Tony Romo looked like he may have had a mild concussion after one hit. He wasn’t sacked the entire game, but there was a lot of pressure. Romo also threw an interception because Felix is still having a lot of trouble blocking. He got pummled and Romo, who started tghe game 9 for 9, had to rush the throw.
- Jason Witten, the NFL’s best tight end, dropped an easy pass, but he still had 6 catches for 96 yards, which led the team.
- DeMarcus Ware got one sack and Ken Hamlin had a nasty hit.
- Marion Barber looked really good, and had two touchdowns.
- Penalties. Way too many. The Cowboys had 11 damn penalities, and that’s always a sign of poor discipline, which I’ve grumbled about here regarding Camp Cupcake.