I got a report from a very reliable source who is at the Washington Redskins training camp in Virginia who overheard Washington Redskins safety corner Shawn Springs talking to new head coach Jim Zorn. Although the EXACT wording may be off a bit, this is basically what Springs said:
“T.O. is legendary. He is one of the few I can’t make up ground against.”
Well, isn’t this an incredible tid-bit of information for various reasons. Let’s go through a few of them:
1. Why the hell is any Redskins talking about the Dallas Cowboys in training camp, before the season has even started? If that’s not showing fright, I don’t know what is.
2. If I were Zorn, I would have slapped Springs in the face and said “Don’t you ever admit defeat. If you can’t gain ground, you find a way to do it.” Expect the Redskins to go 5-11 this year.
3. Is Springs out of his mind? He freely admits how awesome Owens is?
4. At least Springs is honest. We know the Redskins ownership is as dirty as sewer water.
5. Shawn Springs is not the only Redskin fearing the Cowboys. In fact, he’s not on the only team fearing the Cowboys.
So, folks, get your popcorn ready. And Terrell, you are legendary!